OFFICIAL RULES: Skate Your Way to Broadway sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
Sweepstakes may only be entered by legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia. Entries originating from any other jurisdiction are not eligible for entry. This Sweepstakes is governed exclusively by the laws of the United States. Airfare to NYC will originate from Greenville-Spartanburg International Airport (GSP). It will be the responsibility of the winner and their guest to arrange transportation to GSP.
- Eligibility.†Participation open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are eighteen (18) years of age or older as of the date of entry. Void outside of the United States, and where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law. Employees, officers & directors of the Peace Center, Greenville-Spartanburg International Airport, City of Greenville Parks and Recreation Department, and Crawford Strategy (“Sponsors”) and its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, dealers, advertising and promotion agencies, manufacturers or distributors of Sweepstakes materials and their immediate families (parents, children, siblings, spouse) or members of the same household (whether related or not) of such employees/officers/directors are not eligible to enter.
- How to Enter.†The Sweepstakes will begin on November 18, 2016, at 4:00pm ET and will end on January 9, 2017, at 5:00pm ET (“Sweepstakes Period”). To enter the Sweepstakes, visit www.skateyourwaytobroadway.com and follow the instructions to enter. Complete the entry form by filling in all the required information. You will be required to list a valid email address. The email address will automatically be added to the mailing lists of United Community Bank, Crawford Strategy and GSP. Entrants will be required to enter a United Community Bank Ice on Main unique code to enter the sweepstakes. Such unique codes are found on tickets purchased for skating at the United Community Bank Ice on Main skating rink, or supplied per the Alternate Method of Entry, discussed below.
Drawings will occur as follows:
- Monday, November 21 at 1:00pm ET: Weekly Prize 1
- Monday, December 28 at 1:00pm ET: Weekly Prize 2
- Monday, December 5 at 1:00pm ET: Weekly Prize 3
- Monday, December 12 at 1:00pm ET: Weekly Prize 4
- Monday, December 19 at 1:00pm ET: Weekly Prize 5
- Monday, December 26 at 1:00pm ET: Weekly Prize 6
- Monday, January 2 at 1:00pm ET: Weekly Prize 7
- Monday, January 9 at 1:00pm ET: Weekly Prize 8
- Monday, January 9 at 3:00pm ET: GRAND PRIZE drawing
Only one entry per person. If multiple entries are received by the same entrant, only the first entry submitted by that entrant will qualify for entry into the Sweepstakes; subsequent entries submitted by that entrant shall be disqualified. No automated entry devices and/or programs permitted. Sponsors are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, stolen, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, misdirected, technically corrupted or garbled entries, which will be disqualified. Only fully completed entry forms are eligible. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsors.
The Alternate Method of Entry (or AMOE) does not require the entrant to enter a United Community Bank Ice on Main unique code found on a purchased ticket. To enter without a ticket code, simply mail a 3◊5 card with your name, mailing address, date of birth, phone number and a valid email address to
Skate Your Way to Broadway AMOE
ATTN: Anna Simmons
200 East Camperdown Way, Suite 101
Greenville, SC 29601
When entering by mail you will also be required to submit a valid email address with your entry. Crawford Strategy/Ice on Main will then email you a unique code to serve in the place of a United Community Bank Ice on Main unique code found on a purchased skating ticket. To complete your entry, you must go†to skateyourwaytobroadway.com and enter all the required information, including the unique code emailed to you. You will need to “accept” the terms and conditions of the sweepstakes as if you were entering a skating ticket Code. There will be no cost associated with this means of entry, and all entries will have an equal chance to win.
Eight (8) Weekly Winners will receive
- A Skate Your Way to Broadway Prize Pack to include
- Two tickets to a current show at the Peace Center (valued at $60-$150)
- Souvenirs from various shows and United Community Bank Ice on Main Sponsors
One (1) Grand Prize Winner will receive:
- Two (2) tickets to attend the opening night of a Broadway show of the Peace Center’s choosing
- Roundtrip airfare for two (2) from Greenville-Spartanburg International Airport to NYC (blackout dates may apply)*
- Two (2) tickets to attend a performance of a Broadway play in New York, NY.
- $75 Gift Card to skate at The Rink at Rockefeller Center**
- $500 prepaid debit card from United Community Bank
Winner must be eighteen (18) years of age and Winnerís guest must be at least thirteen (13) years of age as of January 9, 2017. If the Winnerís guest is younger than eighteen (18) years of age as of January 9, 2017, then such individualís parent or legal guardian must provide written permission allowing the guest to accompany the Winner. Prizes are non-transferable. No substitutions or cash redemptions. Prizes may not be sold, bartered or transferred. Prizes do not include any additional expenses, including, but not limited to hotel accommodations, incidentals, meals, telephone charges, travel insurance, souvenirs, transportation, federal, state and local sales or other taxes and surcharges which are the responsibility of each winner.
*Air travel will be coordinated with and booked by Greenville-Spartanburg International Airport (GSP). Travel to NYC must take place between the March 1 and July 31, 2017. Winner has until Tuesday, February 28, 2017 to send 3-5 preferred travel dates to the City of Greenville and Crawford Strategy. The City of Greenville and Crawford Strategy will then book roundtrip airfare from GSP on behalf of the winner and coordinate with the Peace Center, who will secure two tickets to see a Broadway show during their visit to NYC.
The trip has no cash value, and it is non-transferrable and non-refundable. Winner and travel companion must travel on the same itinerary. Actual value of prize may vary depending on air flight fluctuations and distance between departure and destination. Winner will not receive difference between actual and approximate retail value. Total cost of airfare not to exceed $1,000. In the event the winner wishes to book travel that exceeds that amount, the winner will be responsible for paying the difference. Sponsor is not responsible if prize cannot be awarded due to travel cancellations, delays or interruptions due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather or acts of terrorism or any other cause beyond Sponsorís reasonable control.
**Please note that The Rink at Rockefeller Center is open through April 30, 2016, but that the Patina Restaurant Group Gift Card in the amount of $75 can be used at any of 14 Patina Group restaurants in NYC.
Approximate retail value of each weekly will vary depending on the face value of the performance tickets and contents, but approximate value will range from $60-$150. Grand prize total value is approximately $2,000( tickets for The Lion King at the Peace Center valued at $180, airfare value not to exceed $1,000, tickets to see The Lion King on Broadway valued between $400 and $600, value of a prepaid debit card is $500, provided by United Community Bank). The approximate retail value of the prizes represents Sponsorsí good faith determination and based on the median value of the show tickets available. That determination is final and binding and cannot be appealed. If the actual value of the prizes turns out to be less than the stated approximate retail value, the difference will not be awarded in cash.
Winner will be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release within four (4) calendar days of prize notification. If the winner rejects his/her prize or in the event of noncompliance with these Sweepstakes rules and requirements, such prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected from all remaining eligible entries. Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given.
- A Skate Your Way to Broadway Prize Pack to include
- †Random Drawing/Odds.†Winner will be selected in a random drawing from all eligible entries received, conducted at Crawford Strategyís offices on or about January 9, 2017. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Winner will be notified by email or the telephone number provided in his or her entry, and if the winner cannot be contacted within four (4) calendar days of first notification attempt, the prize will be forfeited and an alternative winner may be selected from all remaining eligible entries. By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these rules, which will be final and binding in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes.
- Conditions.†All federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner. Participation in this Sweepstakes and acceptance of prize constitutes winnerís permission for Sponsors to use his/her name, address (city and state), likeness, photograph, picture, portrait, voice, biographical information and/or any statements made by Winner and Winnerís guest regarding the Sweepstakes or Sponsors for advertising and promotional purposes without notice or additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By participating, entrants, Winner, and Winnerís guest agree to release and hold harmless, Sponsors, and their respective advertising and promotion agencies and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors, from any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including without limitation, property damage, personal injury and/or death which may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in Sweepstakes, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity and for any claims based on publicity rights or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery. Sponsors are not responsible if the Sweepstakes cannot take place or if any prize cannot be awarded for any reason, including, but not limited to travel cancellations, delays or interruptions due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather or acts of terrorism. Entrants who do not comply with these Official Rules, or attempt to interfere with this Sweepstakes in any way shall be disqualified. There is no purchase or sales presentation required to participate. A purchase does not increase the odds of winning.
- Additional Terms.†In the case of dispute as to the identity of any entrant, the entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. ďAuthorized Account HolderĒ is defined as the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational, institution, etc.) responsible for assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address. Any potential winner may be requested to provide Sponsors with proof that such winner is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the winning entry. Any other attempted form of entry is prohibited; no automatic, programmed, robotic or similar means of entry are permitted. Sponsors, their affiliates, partners and promotion and advertising agencies are not responsible for technical, hardware, software, telephone or other communications malfunctions, errors or failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, web site, Internet, or ISP availability, unauthorized human intervention, traffic congestion, incomplete or inaccurate capture of entry information (regardless of cause) or failed, incomplete, garbled, jumbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit oneís ability to enter the Sweepstakes or claim a prize, including any injury or damage to participantís or any other personís computer relating to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes or downloading any materials in this Sweepstakes.Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, extend or suspend this Sweepstakes should (in their sole discretion) virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond their control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. In such case, Sponsors will select the winner(s) from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Sponsors. Sponsors reserve the right, at their sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in their sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or web site. Sponsors may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes or winning a prize if, in their sole discretion, they determine that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Sponsorsí representatives.CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSORS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Winner Identification.†To obtain the identity of the winner, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope by January 20. 2017 to:Skate Your Way to Broadway Winnerís Name, ATTN: Anna Simmons; 200 East Camperdown Way, Suite 101, Greenville, SC 29601
- Greenville-Spartanburg International Airport
2000 GSP Drive, Suite 1, Greer, SC 29651
- City of Greenville
206 S. Main Street, Greenville, SC 29601
- Crawford Strategy†
200 East Camperdown Way, Suite 101, Greenville, SC 29601
- United Community Bank
1400 August Street, Greenville, SC 29605
- Greenville-Spartanburg International Airport